Arizona Foundation for Social Justice Children and Youth Services, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization incorporated in 2009 is a work of the President/,CEO Dr. Ajagbe operating under an independent Board of Trustees.
Hon. Janice Brewer, the former governor of Arizona (2008-2015)
Our Honorary Board Members has broad representation from different sectors, including the private, legal, medical, academia, business, government and non-profit sectors, and collectively represents a wide range of specific skills and expertise.
1) Prof. Dr. Cornel West, Ph.D.
Center for African American Studies
Princeton University, Princeton, NJ
2) Dr. Michael Obasaju, D.V.M.,M.V.M.,Ph.D.
IVF / Andrology & Hormones Laboratory Director
New York Fertility Institute, New York
3) Mr. Charles L. Ryan, M.P.A.
State Director, Arizona Department of Corrections
4) Prof. Patrick Adeboyega, M.D.
Professor of Pathology, Anatomy & Cell Biology
Director of Histopathology, Research Laboratory
LSUHSC - Shreveport, LA
5) Mr. Neal Young, M.B.A. Former State Director
Arizona Department of Economic Security
6) Prof. Ola-Rotimi Matthew Ajayi, Ph.D.
Former Vice Chancellor/President, Landmark University, Nigeria
7) Judge Ronald Wilson, Juris Doctor
Presiding Judge, South Tucson City Court
8) Prof. Ana Maria Merico, Juris Doctor
James E. Rogers College of Law
The University of Arizona
9) Mr. Ted Williams, Juris Doctor
President/CEO Arizona Behavioral Health Corporation
10) Dr. Grace H. Chauke, M.D.
Bethlehem, South Africa
11) Prof. Matthew C. Whitaker, Ph.D.
Arizona State University
12) Senator Rebecca Rios, M.S.W.
Former State Senator
13) Ms. Linda Lyman, Former President/CEO
Greater Phoenix Youth at Risk
14) Ms. Dina Higgins, B.A.
Former Councilmember, City of Mesa
15) Mr. Jeff Kleck, Former Superintendent
Maricopa Unified School District
The AFSJ-CYS is led by a dynamic Board of Trustees who work to assure that we fulfill our mission and meet our goals. During two-year terms, trustees members set broad policy, review and approve programs and budgets, and ensure financial stability and accountability.
1) Tanya Marie Schell, RN, BSN (Chair)
2) Beverly Labbe, BA (Member)
3) Dr. Lovie Jackson, M.S.W.,Ph.D. (Member)
4) Dr. Catherin Snyder, Psy.D.(Member)
5) Sandy Clark Valentin, BA (Member)
6) Leanne Vogt, BA (Member)
7) Sanzanna Toles, Ph.D. (Member)
8) Amy Seese-Bieda, M.S.W., L.S.W.(Member)
The Arizona Foundation for Social Justice Children and Youth Services brings together a diverse Executive Management Team with proven expertise in Social and Human Services.
The EMT have extensive histories of successful collaborative efforts as well as effective provision of services families and
Dr. Sylvester Ajagbe, S.T.L., Ph.D., D.Min.
Executive Vice President/Chief of Staff
Dr. Kathy Mohr-Almeida, Ph.D.
Executive Vice President for Behavioral Heath Services
Dr. Elizabeth Anthony, Ph.D.
Chief Research and Evaluation Officer
Chief Education Officer
Personal Assistant to Dr. Sylvester Ajagbe
Executive Assistant/Comm. Liaison
Patricia Salazar, B.A.
In - Home Services Director
Tinna Gunnarsdottir, B.S.W.
Equine Program Director
Cherie Key, B.S.W.
Youth Program Director
Regeanna Mwansa, M.B.A.
Director, Alliance of Foster Youth
and Alumni of Arizona